Our Top 10 Reasons for choosing an electric car
Some of us would put numbers 9 and 10 straight to the top of this list, but we're starting off with the practical stuff first.
1. Low cost fuel - an electric car can reduce fuel costs to less than 1.5p per mile, so imagine the fuel cost savings for individuals and businesses.
2. Eco-friendly - electric cars produce zero emissions, so they’re helping the fight against global warming.
3. Improved technology - new battery and charging technologies have substantially increased range and battery life, and decreased recharging time.
4. Quiet life - electric cars are much quieter than internal combustion engine vehicles.
5. Driver bonuses - local government and communities are keen to offer benefits to electric car drivers, such as waived congestion charges, free parking and free on-street charging points.
6. National security - electric cars can enhance national security by cutting dependence on foreign oil.
7. ‘Clean’ power - electric cars can partner with utilities to run on ‘clean’ electricity from renewable sources such as wind or solar power.
8. Lower lifetime cost - lifetime service costs are lower for a vehicle that is mainly electric than for one powered by an ICE (internal combustion engine).
9. Good looks – the great-looking Tesla Roadster created huge excitement at its launch and others are hot on its heels proving that you don’t need to be ugly to be good for the environment.
10. Performance – once you drive one you’ll realise that electric cars are already capable of acceleration that totally out-performs equivalent class gasoline-powered vehicles.
And by the way, with their typically low MSRP, you can fore-go future auto refinancing as you'll save money from the start.
So, anyone got anything to add?